Saturday, March 8, 2014

HE knows us PERFECTLY...

HE knows us PERFECTLY...


  1.  I know that my Redeemer lives.
    What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
    He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
    He lives, my ever-living Head.
    He lives to bless me with his love.
    He lives to plead for me above.
    He lives my hungry soul to feed.
    He lives to bless in time of need.
  2. He lives to grant me rich supply.
    He lives to guide me with his eye.
    He lives to comfort me when faint.
    He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
    He lives to silence all my fears.
    He lives to wipe away my tears.
    He lives to calm my troubled heart.
    He lives all blessings to impart.
  3.  He lives, my kind, wise heav'nly Friend.
    He lives and loves me to the end.
    He lives, and while he lives, I'll sing.
    He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
    He lives and grants me daily breath.
    He lives, and I shall conquer death.
    He lives my mansion to prepare.
    He lives to bring me safely there.
  4.  He lives! All glory to his name!
    He lives, my Savior, still the same.
    Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
    "I know that my Redeemer lives!"
    He lives! All glory to his name!
    He lives, my Savior, still the same.
    Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
    "I know that my Redeemer lives!"
  5. Text: Samuel Medley, 1738-1799. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.
    Music: Lewis D. Edwards, 1858-192
    1

Tate's message...

 I think that’s what I learned this week. Is that Christ can help us no matter who we are, no matter what we have done, no matter what we are doing at this moment, he can help us because he knows us PERFECTLY… I know that Christ is perfect and he knows us personally because he suffered for us personally….anyone who is willing to leave behind their old life and start anew… he can help you do that… all you have to do is look for him. Christ is everything…



Sunday not much happened… we just had a meeting with president and Hermana Warne about some things going on in the mission and she made us pumpkin chocolate chip cookies which were heavenly… you have no idea how long it has been since I had one of those. Down here pumpkin doesn’t come in a can  so you have to buy it. Cook it. Scrape it out. And then make the cookies. So I give her some mad props for making those for us. I'm sure it was not easy..


TATE SEES ELDER PECK!!!!!  (tate's and bradford have been friends for years.  they have played against each other in baseball and together on the same teams.  a year ago bradford was baptized a member of the church and just recently arrived at the mtc in chile.)


 Monday we headed straight up to Santiago for my comps dentist appointment…but first the secretaries had to do some things and just so happened they had to stop at the MTC….. we spent about 20 minutes trying to find elder peck but could not find the kid. Everyone said he was on his pday or was in another room or building…so after looking for a while I just kinda started to give up. And as we were leaving and saying bye to some of the other elders who we were talking to, good old ferd walked out of one of the rooms right where we were standing. Literally we were seconds away from leaving and he walked out.  we gave each other a brohug for a good while. It was so amazing to see him as a missionary. He is an example to me of faith and courage. It’s not easy to be a member for such a short time and decide to serve the lord. He has either gotten taller or maybe I am just so used to being giant here. Either way it was a way cool experience and I am excited to hear about how his mission goes for him. Chile is an amazing place with an amazing people.  



Tuesday……………………….Wednesday we started with some good old district meeting in the morning. Half way through the meeting my comp got some information about him receiving a ticket for speeding….it was a 260 dollar ticket…. It was a while back when him and his other comp were running late for a conference or something. but after that he was pretty dang bummed. we had a bbq for lunch with some cool members and then after he called president to be able to talk to him about the ticket….we got to the house and elder dougher just went in alone to explain what had happened. When he came out president told me that I will either have to learn how to drive stick or we will be walking a whole lot…….so that’s what we did for the next hour ha. I learned how to drive stick. Good skill to have. That’s how we ended the night. Stalling and starting again. Stalling and starting again. But at the end I got the hang of it. Well actually the night wasn’t over cuz we had to take an elder to the airport to go home at like midnight. So we didn’t even really go to bed. We took him up to santiago, sent him off, got home at like 4 in the morning and slept till 11… sleep is precious out here. 



Thursday me and elder dougher were supposed to go to santiago for his other dentist appointment but it ended up not happening. I stayed with elder mcgee and elder Archibald went with my comp. me and elder mcgee just did some office work and had a pretty relaxed day…sometimes it is needed. Friday we woke up and ran 5 miles…..no joke. It was good stuff. We are really trying to watch what we eat and exercise so we don’t get fat … its going well so far… and I feel healthier. 



We did divisions on Friday and it was a good chance to get back to one of my old sectors and to get out during the week and teach. I loved just talking to the Chilean people and telling them how Christ can help them.

love elder harding!



No comments:

Post a Comment