Saturday, July 26, 2014

roots and wings...

roots and wings...  as a parent you hope the best for your children.  you teach them at a young age right from wrong.  you teach them to be kind...to show respect...to be a leader...to remember who they are.  as they become adults you sit back and hope that what you did as a parent was enough.  you see them as adults making their own choices and decisions.  being a parent is never over.  you can only hope that you gave them roots....so that they are strong enough to withstand what life throws at them.  you watch as they take flight and start to fly.  here is to the next phase of parenting...watching them use their wings.



tate's message...

So I was talking to elder ditlevsen the other day about my plans at college and things and how you guys were all way excited for me to get back and he told me that he remembered feeling a little nervous as a parent. He also told me that he knew that when his kids got older he would just have to learn to let them go. He taught them a phrase that goes “roots and wings”. “Roots” to always remember where they came from, what they stand for, and where home is. “And wings” to fly away and chase their dreams, start a family, and move on with their life. its amazing to think about our heavenly father. He taught us the same principle. He gave us roots and knowledge of where we came from, who we are, and why we are here. And he also gave us wings. Wings to be tested, to choose for ourselves, and to progress in this life. it is our decision whether we remember both of those. Do we remember our roots. Do we remember that we are literally gods sons and daughters, that we have a divine purpose here on earth? And do we remember that god has given us wings to learn, wings to chase what matters most to us, and most importantly, wings to fly and find our way home to him again. If we could only remember those things all the time, how different would our life be? How much better would we be? How much more focused on our families, temples, and Christ be? I will miss the ditlevsens like crazy. They will never know how much they have impacted my life.




Monday was a normal day but then Tuesday was incredible. I don’t think I have ever been that excited to go to the temple. It honestly felt like I was going home and when I got there it did feel like I was home already. I don’t remember the last time that I felt the spirit that strongly. To be able to forget all the worldly things and just focus on the savior for that 2 ½ hours was exactly what I needed. I hope you guys take advantage of going to the temple. Make a goal to go once a month at least.



Wednesday my comp wasn’t feeling very good so we just had a chill day and got some stuff ready for the zone conference the next day.



thursday was the last zone conference of the month and it went really well. crazy how fast that last month went by with all that traveling and stuff!



friday was the day we finalized the changes with president and then got everything ready for the nextcoming week. next week is the week where i won't sleep at all. pray for me ha!



saturday we had breakfast at presidents house to say bye to mcgee and i from the office and then we just went exploring as you can see in the pictures! good stuff! well thats it for this week! loove you guys! CHAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment