Sunday, May 11, 2014

i love my mom the most...

i love my mom the most...  when i was a little girl i would get my red wagon and fill it with my dolls and stuffed animals and pretend they were all of my children.  i would take them for walks down the street and play mommy all day.  being a mom is truly all that i have ever wanted to be.  i never wanted a career or a big fancy job.  i just wanted to be mom.  i am very blessed with the three that call me mom.  i think it is my very favorite thing in the world to be called mom.  i now am a gramma to two little girls and a soon to be little boy.  life is good.  gramma is a name that i go by now.  i am thankful for the women who were and are examples to me as mothers.  this mother's day was so fun because we got to skype with tate and see his smiling face...so grateful for his example and for tyson and taryn's example to me.   it makes being a mom easy!



tate's message...
i love my mom the most... I watched a video called #itwasmom that the church came out with and something caught my eye.  It says "motherhood is the highest, holiest service assumed by humankind. It's the definition of selfless service. It's both a daunting responsibility and a glorious opportunity. The Divine role of motherhood is a gift from god, and a key to his plan of happiness for all his children." There really is no other calling in this earth that is more important than a mom. I remember coming home every single day and the first thing I would yell when I got into the house was "MOM!!!"  All I wanted to know was where she was at. I'm not really sure why I had to know or for what reason but I just wanted to make sure she was there. I think this page explains exactly how I feel towards my mother.


Who helped you tie your shoes or learn a new piece on the piano? When you forgot your science project was due the next day, who made a late-night run for poster board and glue? It was Mom.Every Christmas, even though money was always tight, who consistently pulled off a miracle and made Christmas morning magical and memorable? It was Mom.Now that you’re a parent, you may scratch your head wondering how she did it all. Each day is filled with toys to put away and noses to wipe, dinners to make and work to squeeze in. You can’t remember when—if ever—she took time for herself. But now you feel what your mom must have felt as you watch your toddler fall asleep and listen to his giggles in the other room.You now understand better than ever that mothers are gifts from God. In fact, motherhood is the “highest, holiest service . . . given to mankind.”


“MOTHERS ARE ENDOWED WITH A LOVE THAT IS UNLIKE ANY OTHER LOVE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH.”Marjorie Pay Hinckley“THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT A MOTHER CAN ACCOMPLISH. RIGHTEOUS WOMEN HAVE CHANGED THE COURSE OF HISTORY AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO.”Julie B. Beck“THERE ARE FEW THINGS MORE POWERFUL THAN THE PRAYERS OF A RIGHTEOUS MOTHER.”Boyd K. Packer
“ALL THAT I AM OR EVER HOPE TO BE, I OWE TO MY ANGEL MOTHER.”




Abraham LincolnSo this Mother’s Day, let your mom know she’s important. Write her a card, create a tribute, send some flowers—because when you think about it: who was the champion and cheerleader for nearly everything in life you cling to with all your heart?It was Mom.

 I LOVE YOU MOM. You're the reason I'm the way I am and you will receive eternal blessings for choosing to be a mother. YOU'RE the best. Love you. Elder Harding. 











No comments:

Post a Comment