Monday, August 12, 2013

LoOkInG fOr My FrIeNd...

LoOkInG fOr My FrIeNd...When tate sent me his email today he asked me to share this in his blog...he wanted everyone to know that he is happy and loving his mission and that  he loves and misses everyone back here...the following is a story that tate has read and that touched him and he wanted to share...




"Brothers and Sisters, as you know, the last 2 weeks, I've been waiting for my mission call. During the time I was waiting i had a dream. I knew it was not a common dream. I dreamed I was in the pre-existence and was waiting for my call to come to earth. I was filled with the same anticipation and encouragement I had before I got my mission call. In my dream I was talking to a friend. I felt a special closeness to him, even though I have never met him in this life. While we were talking, a messenger came and gave me a letter. I knew it was my calling to go to earth. Excitedly my friend and I read the letter. I gave it and asked him to read aloud. It read:

"You have been called to earth in a special time and a special place. You will be born in the true church and the priesthood of God will be in your home. You will be born in a land of plenty, a land of freedom. You will be born in the United States of America. "
 
My friend and I rejoiced to read my calling. While we were rejoicing, the messenger returned. This time he had a letter for my friend. We knew it was his call to earth. My friend gave me the letter to read aloud; His letter said:
 
"You have been called to go to the earth in circumstances of poverty and strife. You will not be raised in the true church. Many difficult times will be a part of your life. The land where you will go is full of political and social difficulties, which impede the work of the Lord. You will be born in Chile. "
 
My friend and I cried while reading his calling. My friend looked at me with tears in his eyes and said, "When we are on earth, you in your choice land of the United States of America and me in Chile, my friend, please come and find me."
 
Afterwards, this young missionary, with tears in his eyes said, "Brothers and sisters, I received my mission call ... I'm going to Chile.
 
There is a second part of the story. About a year after the sacrament meeting the bishop received a letter from a missionary in Chile. The letter had a sheet of paper, and on that sheet was written in capital letters four words:
 
 "I FOUND MY FRIEND"
 
I will pass through this world but once. If there is any kindness I can show or any good thing I can say, the time is now. Do not reject it, do not deny it, because we will travel this road again."



SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO family this week went by really freaking fast! not going to lie it was a pretty boring week. not too successful but also we had a a lot of fun.  it rained quite a bit this week and actually we were caught in the rain one day without umbrellas doing contacts for like 3 hours....WE WERE SOAKED...but it was also pretty fun ... i really do enjoy the rain down here.  elder dixon and i  are getting used to being zone leaders together and are finally figuring out how it should be done and how we will have success together. so i am grateful for him and he is becoming a really good friend. we also had interviews this week with president and it went really well. i can tell he is an amazingly spiritual man and knows what he is doing. 

 i cant believe in a year from now i will be home. i feel like i have been here for such a short time yet i feel like i haven't seen you guys in like 10 years.  i know you are all doing well. one thing i noticed this week was how much my family means to me!  i noticed that my family truly is blessed and we have an amazing bond that not a lot of people have. keep it that way. not many people in this world have functioning families like we do with good standards and the blessings of the gospel.

 i am really proud to be able to represent our family out here and serve for two years. i know i wouldn't be here without all you guys!  i am doing really well! the time just keeps flying by and sometimes i don't even remember what we did yesterday!...good thing i write in my journal every day... chao love you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment