Thursday, September 13, 2012

goodbyes

goodbyes...are always hard no matter how you look at it.  tate had many goodbyes to say over the past few days.  they started on sunday for those who came to his farewell.  he said goodbye to coaches, teammates, friends and family members. tuesday was a full day and night of saying goodbyes...

                                 goodbye to laynie bo

                        goodbye to travis shelby abbie kannon
                                     laynie and madden


                          goodbye to troy tawna hunter 
                                  karson and jensyn

                                          the boys

                                         miss taigen

                                miss raegan
                                      tanner

tuesday night he was set apart as a full time missionary.  tate then said goodbye to both set of grandparents and his bishop.  


                                  bishop farnsworth

Wednesday morning came and tate was very emotional as it came time to leave.  this house that he had always called home had always been a safe haven for him no matter what was happening in his world was soon to become a memory.  he struggled leaving his room for the last time not knowing if it would ever be the same. i promised not to touch it!
                                         tate's room

then it was time for his dad to give him a father's blessing before we left.  his dad gave him a wonderful and peaceful blessing that all would be well for him.  during the blessing without coaxing or prompting his dog koda went over and jumped into tate's lap and buried her face in his lap.

                                    koda-tate's dog

                                                               


on the way to the mtc we were met by tyson dani and the girls...he sure loves this little family and those two little girls have his heart.  after tears and hugs and more tears and a final goodbye we set off again.  of course i sat in the back with my sunglasses on trying to be a big girl...tate decided or maybe it was greg that tate needed one more donut before he left so we pulled over to get one. we then headed further down the road to get some lunch.  we ate at zuppas which i am sure was delicious but none of had much of an appetite...all of our stomachs were rumbling


 the next stop was the provo temple to take a few pictures.





 it was a beautiful day and we enjoyed our last few moments together... it was time to take him to the mtc.  I am not sure what i was expecting because it has changed from the time i dropped off tyson.  i remember trying to be so brave as we went in with tyson and watched the movie and sang the songs.  i felt like i was doing an amazing job until tyson reached over during the last song and grabbed my hand...i held that hand... the same one that used to fit into mine and was now being swallowed by my grown son...oh how i didn't want to let go.  this time with tate the new procedure is to drop the new missionaries off at the curb where they are met by other missionaries.  we pulled up and my heart was beating out of my chest and the tears were falling down my face.  tate hugged his dad and then gave me my last hug from him for two years.  instead of me comforting him he whispered to me...mom i am okay i will be fine...i couldn't even talk other then to say that i loved him...and goodbye...


elder harding...my little boy was on his way...till we meet again tate...goodbye...your mom loves you and is so very proud of who you are and what you are doing!

***from now on updates will be taken from tate's letters home***

2 comments:

  1. Tammy and Greg I am very thankful for you and your family. I will always remember and cherish the special times that I had with each of the Kids. They have all been such an example to me and the rest of our family. This is the fourth Missionary that our family has sent out and it doesn't get any easier. I have had a special time with Tate the last three weeks running errands. He is such a great guy and so good to me. I am so proud of him and the choices that he has made. I will miss him almost as much as you, but I know this is where he is supposed to be at this time. I love you and your family. Thank you for letting me share in all your lives. Lots of Love Mom and Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that boy now more than ever. He is such a blessing to our family and to everyone around him! He is strong an has such a fun confidence about him. He is going to bless SO many people in these next two years and you will be blessed for sharing him with the world!

    ReplyDelete