Saturday, August 9, 2014

the hardest thing i've ever loved to do

the hardest thing i 've ever loved to do...


this is tate's last letter home and it is the last entry on his mission blog.  i love him and his example that he is to our family.  i can't wait to get my first hug from him!  i can't wait to see what this life has in store for him.  look out world he is home and he is hitting the ground running!  please listen to the music video that goes with this post...



“I have passed through many homes in the mission and have come to find a love for this new home that I have. Chile is now my home and feels just as my home over two years ago felt. I love the people as if they were my blood brothers and sisters. Sweeping your dirt and broken water heaters are now a part of my daily routine. Colectivos and buses is my way of getting from point A to point B. The smell of bread in the streets is normal now. Porotos and palta are now considered an essential part of my personal diet. I have a pure love for the Chilean people. They have taught me many things and they will always have a piece of my heart. I could write for hours and hours about what I have learned on a mission. One thing people always ask about, are the miracles that happen to me out here.

I always tell them the real miracles are seeing someone pray for the first time and having a genuine conversation with their heavenly father, or read the book of Mormon for the first time and feeling the pages coming to life, or go to church with their family for the first time and feeling like they are in a familiar place. Those are the things I will miss most and those are the miracles that I saw daily. Nevertheless, the biggest miracle I have seen during this time in this new home of mine is the change inside of me. I feel like no one has ever been more changed by a mission than I have been. I’m not perfect, and so far from it. But I’m proud to say that the Atonement of Christ has changed who I was, who I am, and who I will be. I owe everything to my Savior and the sacrifice he made for me, for calling me at this time and to this place. Knowing what I know now and having seen what I have seen in the mission. I can never go back. I will forever be different. i will forever be better.



i will see you guys in 3 days. love you.

Elder Tate John Harding

No comments:

Post a Comment